Re: Shepards

I just looked at the Roberts chart and I think we have a interesting
problem.

The marriage date (1739) of Elizabeth Shepard to Abraham Robart is
to early for Elizabeth, wife of James, but is right for Elizabeth Shepard
daughter of William Shepard. However the will cited certainly fits
Elizabeth, wife of James, as it has the same heirs as James Shepard's
will - though John Roberts is listed as a son-in-law in one will and as
a son in the other but Thomas Shepard is listed as a son in both wills.
Thomas Shepard (b1752) would have been seven years old at the time of his
father's death. (1759) but it also would appear that his daughter would have
been at least 15 years old - but she could have been from a previous
marriage.

It is possible that this is the same Elizabeth Shepard that first
married Abraham Robarts then married James Shepard after Abraham
Roberts death. I have run across some interesting second marriages
in my research. For instance, Sarah Briscoe Shepard (Francis' widow)
married her sister's father-in-law after Francis' death.

Very interesting!!!

Hugh Tucker