Re. Shepards

I would be thrilled if we are descended from Thomas Shepard, founding pastor of First Church of Cambridge Mass. When my daughter was a student at Harvard Law School we used to walk by it all of the time. The church was on one side of Cambridge Commons and my daughter's apartment was on the other side of the commons. We walked by it every time we went to Harvard Square. I have found Shepards in Dorchester Mass. and Windsor Connecticut but I haven't been able to find any of them that went South. I guess I have some work to do in South Carolina (if the records exist).
Hugh