Re: Research ideas

Dear Clay,

I've often wanted to e-mail you, as I believe we're not-so-distantly related.  Your grandfather, Thomas Palmer Quarterman, was the son of Claudia and Iowa Quarterman, am I correct?  At least, that is how I've traced it in the Quarterman Family of Liberty County book.  At any rate, Iowa's brother, Louis Walker Quarterman, was my great-grandfather, and I suppose must have been named after their mother, our ancestor, Sarah Louisa Walker.  SO--I think that makes us third cousins.

I've also been curious about your ministry in the Ukraine.  Are you still there?  How is the ministry faring these days?  Curious--I believe Mickey Leonard, also a cousin from our branch, has made numerous trips to Russia to teach English.  I also have desired to travel to Russia or the Ukraine on short-term mission work.  It seems perhaps an interest in the people of the former Soviet Union must be a genetic attribute of our branch of the Quarterman family tree.:)

I, too, have wondered if maybe someone should "think outside the box" and pursue the French Huguenot possibility.  I'm working on establishing genealogist connections in Virginia to look for possible immigration or land records there.

I still think the Oxfordshire connection is the strongest hunch we have, but while we're pursuing that lead, it can't hurt to look elsewhere.

-Connie Sadler
Macomb, IL
csadler72@computermail.net