This version 6.1 of chart differs from the previous version, (5.7)
in several ways:
charline, new script:
This is a new Perl script front end for lines to call chartrep.
It permits using lines as if it were a normal UNIX program,
with command line options for every chartrep option.
With charline, there's no need to use the curses
interface to lines directly in order to use chartrep.
chartrep, new options:
- Include only people descended through a set of persons.
- Trim and include siblings of each person in line.
- Multiple ancestors.
- Output blank generations to make intermarriages match.
- Use all ancestors of a given person, with offsets.
- Stop with children of this person.
- Stop with this person.
- Don't print this person.
- Blanks to fill in missing information.
- Leave off dates for really dense charts.
- Occupations are included automatically.
- Automatically passes boldface markers to chart.
chart, new options and features:
- -l for landscape.
- Cleanups to handle thickets, trims, offsets, and cohorts.
- Children are balanced under both parents, not just one.
- Smaller PostScript output.
- Handles bold, italic, and roman fonts.
- More robust.
- Better default margins to match more printers.
- -notileno for those who don't like printed tile numbers.
of chart differed from version 4.1 in several ways:
- Line folding (see the man page, or just try it).
- chartrep handles SOUR, NOTE, and TEXT correctly now,
- plus CHR, BAPT, and BURI.
- There is now a man page for chartile(1).
- Various minor bug fixes.
differed from version 3.2 in several ways, including:
- support for arbitrary fonts
- intergenerational intermarriage lines work correctly
- all marriage lines look better
- better drawing of child lines
- much improved PostScript (smaller, more regular, better EPSF)
- the tiling script is now a perl script
Last changed: 97/11/12 20:14:14
[an error occurred while processing this directive]