Re: Sumner ancestors

>Many Quarterman lines descend from William Sumner, as well.  In fact, some

Among William Sumner's children were Deacon Increase Sumner and Joanna
Sumner.  They both moved to South Carolina.  Joanna's husband Aaron Way
died just before that move.  Their grandson, William Way Jr.,
married Increase's daughter, Thankful Sumner.  William and Thankful's
greatgranddaughter Adaline Way married Edward William Quarterman,
who was also a Way descendent through Joanna Sumner's granddaughter,
Joanna Way.  So descendants of Edward William Quarterman and Adaline
Way are descended from William Sumner at least three ways.  See:

 http://www.quarterman.org/chart/sumner/

>(although not my line [that I know of]) are related several times.

Your line is descended from William Sumner by one path, so far as I know.
See:

 http://www.quarterman.org/chart/ethel/sumnerethel.html

John S. Quarterman <jsq@quarterman.org>