Re: Sumner ancestors

--- DaneBowen@aol.com wrote:

>Charles Sumner was descended from William Sumner.

Thank you.

So was Increase Sumner, a
>delegate to the Federal Constitutional Convention,
Good heavens!!  Another Increase Sumner.  That makes three that I know of.

and Union Maj. Gen. Edwin
>Sumner, one of the Union commanders at the battle of Fredericksburg in Nov.
>1862.
Because of the South Carolina migration, it looks like William Sumner had descendants on both sides of the conflict.

>Sumner Tunnel in downtown Boston is named for this very prominent family.
That's impressive.  I understand a number of counties around the country are named for members of this family, as well.

Many Quarterman lines descend from William Sumner, as well.  In fact, some (although not my line [that I know of]) are related several times.

-Connie