Re: Elizabeth Baker

>Okay, the two Elizabeths are starting to make a little more sense,
>IF the death of the first Elizabeth is not iron-clad bound to 1753.

It does not seem to be fixed with any certainty.

>I think the idea that Elizabeth I had the children and Elizabeth II
> raised them probably makes the most sense without more information.

It does make sense, although it is simply speculation.

>  However, if Elizabeth I died in 1753 and Eliz II died in 1755, that
> leaves just two short years for Elizabeth II to make her mark on the family,
> leaving future generations to believe she was their ancestor.  It seems
> to me it would take more than two years to do that.

Well, you know Quartermans can leave an impression quickly. :-)

>  It seems more likely that Elizabeth I died earlier, perhaps after 1746
> (the birth of Captain William Q).  Or even earlier, leaving Elizabeth II
> as the mother of some of the children.

It's possible.

It does seem odd that there's a big gap between 1746 and 1757 (10 years)
with no children.

>  Without knowing how David established the two Elizabe
>ths, I can only guess at the death date for Elizabeth I.

He's travelling this week, so we probably won't hear from him for a while.

John S. Quarterman <jsq@quarterman.org>