Re: Shepards and Robarts

>Here is a typical Robarts chart:
>http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=bruce&id=I0422

A subpage,
 http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=bruce&id=I0419

lists John Roberts (1740-1786) as a revolutionary war veteran who died
in Liberty County, Georgia.

A list of NCOs and privates who served with Francis Marion, the Swamp Fox:
 http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/1786/swampfox_NCO_R-S.html

lists several Roberts, including "Roberts I John" and "Roberts II John".
I would guess II is the above John Roberts, and I is his uncle,
John Robart or Jean Robert (-after 1789), second son of Rev. Pierre.

The others listed are
 Robert Peter ( Pierre ),
 Roberts, Amos
 Roberts, Lewis
 Roberts, Philip
 Roberts, Roger
 Roberts, Stephen

Pierre cannot be Rev. Pierre, who was long dead.

The others are probably from some other Roberts family.

But I'd guess John I and John II are as above, and if so that
means we've found two more Midway people who were Revolutionary
veterans.

And here's another veteran relative, who went on to Mississippi
instead of to Georgia, Abraham Roberts (c. 1745-c.1820):

``During the American Revolution, Abraham Roberts II, served for 84
days under General Francis Marion's Brigade. For this service he was
authorized payment of five pounds, twelve shillings sterling on August 3,
1784.   On June 23, 1785, he was paid thirty pounds, thirteen shillings,
and eight pence farthing sterling for militia duty and for making 18
swords. Abraham subsequently wrote on the back of Indent #243, "I assign
over all my rights and title to the within indent, both principal and
interest to John Brown, having received full satisfaction for the same,
as witness my hand this 23 day of July 1785."  Signed: Abraham Roberts.''

 http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~hemlockhill/Roberts.htm

This Abraham was the next younger brother of John Robarts Sr. (1740-1786).

Maybe this Abraham is the Amos from the above list.

John S. Quarterman <jsq@quarterman.org>