Re: Quarterman relationship

Connie,

>Fascinating.  You are correct--except that I descend from Mary Ethel Quarterma
>n to Ima Day (still living) to Constance Ruth Card.  Sadler is married name.
>Ima Day is the youngest of Mary Ethel's five daughters.

We only have the one daughter, Fleta Mae Day.  We'd be very interested in
filling out that family and your line.

>  Am I correct in my un
>derstanding that your Rebecca Baker descends from the Osgoods,

Yes.  Her mother was Sarah Osgood,
 daughter of Thomas Osgood (b. 1680 Andover, Mass., d. 1737, S.C.)
 son of Thomas Osgood and Susannah Lord of Ipswich, Mass.

There are many living Osgood and Lord relatives in New England.

> to whom John Osgood (husband of Mary Clements) is a cousin?

We don't seem to have a Mary Clements in the database, so I'm not sure.
Which John Osgood is this?

The Sarah Osgood mentioned above was sister to Rev. John Osgood of Midway.
See:
 http://www.quarterman.org/chart/osgood/

>  How much work have you done with maternal relationships?

In general, we follow all lines, backwards and forwards.
This has been most useful for the Midway community,
in which it seems everyone was related somehow.
This is also why our Quarterman book is 990 pages long.

Several other volumes are projected on other (non-Midway) lines.

There is always more to know.

John