Quarterman Dates

   [1]Tomorrow:
   December 2

   1805: Austerlitz, Napoleon defeats Russians & Austrians

   1816: First savings bank in US, opens as Philadelphia Savings Fund
   Society

   1823: Monroe doctrine, US President Monroe declares in his seventh
   annual message to the US Congress, "the American continents, by the
   free and independent condition which they have assumed and maintain,
   are henceforth not to be considered as subjects for future
   colonization by any European powers."

   1859: John Brown hung, "Now if it is deemed necessary that I should
   forfeit my life for the furtherance of the ends of justice and mingle
   my blood further with the blood of my children and with the blood of
   millions in this slave country whose rights are disregarded by wicked,
   cruel and unjust enactments, I say, let it be done." Browns speech to
   the court

   1899: Samoa divided, US & Germany agree to divide Samoa between them

   1954: McCarthy censured, US Senate censures Joe McCarthy for his
   conduct

   1956: Cuban Revolution [begin], Source: ToW