Quarterman Dates

   [1]Tomorrow:
   December 1

   1781: Gen. Nathanael Green def. British, Source: McIlvaine

   1955: Rosa Parks arrested, for refusing to move to back of the bus.
   "Our mistreatment was just not right, and I was tired of it," Parks
   wrote in her book, "Quiet Strength", (Zondervan Publishing House,
   Detroit 1994). "I kept thinking about my mother and my grandparents,
   and how strong they were. I knew there was a possibility of being
   mistreated, but an opportunity was being given to me to do what I had
   asked of others." Parks' story is history her arrest and trial led to
   a 381-day Montgomery Alabama bus boycott, and, finally, a United
   States Supreme Court ruling in November 1956 that segregation on
   transportation is contra to the American constitution.