Rev. Robert Quarterman

While cleaning up the web pages a bit, I added more text to

 http://www.quarterman.org/q/who/revrob.html

which is also findable under New in

 http://www.quarterman.org/

Here is most of the text.

Rev. Robert Quarterman (1787-1849)

   [revrob.gif] He is the earliest Quarterman ancestor for whom we have a
   photograph; it comes from [2]Stacy's History. So far as we know, the
   Rev. never wrote history of any kind, but as the leader of the
   community of the time, he is in every history of our Quarterman
   ancestors.

   Stacy describes him at the time when he began his ministry:

     ``... A man of prime vigor and maturity of manhood, with family,
     being then in the 36th year of his age. ... living all that time in
     the faithful discharge of duty, honored and revered by all... a man
     of fine physique, in theology sound, his preaching solid, his life
     consistent, his end calm and peaceful. Four of his sons became
     ministers, one of whom was foreign missionary and of his two
     daughters, two were minister's wives and one was a missionary to
     China for 16 years.''

   There is more about Rev. Robert Quarterman in all three [3]basic books
   about the Midway Society.

Monument to Rev. Robert Quarterman in Midway Cemetery, Georgia

[The web page contains the text from three sides of the large standing
monument in the cemetery.  Does anyone have a picture of the monument?]