RE: Shepards in Midway Church

Title: RE: Shepards in Midway Church
I only discovered the Midway connection for the Shepard family about two weeks ago. I found Thomas and Francis listed together on the tax roles for Liberty County on the "Reconstructed 1790 Census for Liberty County" (historical documents - genealogy.com) then I found the on-line Midway Church records on ancestry.com.) I found this site by a google search for the Stacy book. As a result of the short time, I have not acquired either the Stacy book or the Quarterman book. Our family records trace Frances Shepard back to Columbia County and the marriage with Sarah Briscoe (see below). What I do have is a family listing from the Shepard Family Bible passed down through the Frances Shepard line. There is at least one mistake in it (see notes) but on the whole, it appears to be a very good record. I will put comments on what I found in the Midway Church records in parentheses. If you recognize Midway Church families, please comment.

SHEPARD BIBLE BELONGING TO TOM BOTTOMS
Copied by Barbara L. Taylor on 3/21/1999

Births

Thomas Shepard, sone of James & Elizabeth Shepard was born November 9th,
1752.

Fras. Shepard,  sone of Mary and Thos. Shepard was born Jany 16th, 1774 at 4
o'clock in the morning.

Thos. Shepard, son of Thos & Esther Shepard was born August 9th, 1777
       (m. Jane Andrews 13 July 1802 m. Rebecca Baker 12 Apr. 1804)
Wm. Shepard son of Thos & Esther Shepard was born Faby 22nd, 1780
       (m. Ann McTeer 12 June 1800)
Elizabeth, Daughter of Thos & Esther Shepard was born Feb 25th, 1782
       (m. John Williams 1820)
James, son of Thos & Esther Shepard was born Septer. 14th, 1784

John son of Thos. & Esther Shepard was born December 29th, 1787

Sarah, Daughter of Thos & Esther Shepard was born Jany 31st, 1788
      (m. James Sandiford 12 Jan 1804)
James Lewis, son of  Thos. & Esther Shepard was born Sept 3rd, 1790
     (baptized 3 Sep 1790)
Wm. Francis, son of Francis & Mary Shepard was born Oct. 22nd, 1794
    (baptized 14 Dec 1794)
Orlando Shepard, son of Francis & Mary Shepard was born Oct. 10th, 1796
    (baptized 2 Apr 1797)
Mary Ann Graves, Daughter of Francis & Mary Shepard was born November 16th,
1798 (baptized  21 Feb 1799)

James, son of Francis & Mary Shepard was born Oct. 11th, 1800
     (unnamed child baptized on this date )
James, son of Francis & Mary Shepard was born Nov. 19th, 1801
    (unnamed child baptized in 1801 )
Charles David, son of Francis & Mary Shepard was born Oct. 15th, 1803
     (unnamed child baptized in 1801 )
(This ends the Midway period for Francis Shepard - next marriage and births
were in Columbia County)

Sarah Briscoe, Daughter of Truman & Catherine Briscoe was born March 19th,
1789

Francis Washington, son of Fras. & Sarah Shepard was born Dec. 17, 1810

Philip Maddison, son of Fras. And Sarah Shepard was born August 11, 1812

Edm. Jackson, son of Fras. & Sarah Shepard was born June 25th, 1815

Elizabeth Ann, Daughter of Fras. & Sarah Shepard was born March 24th, 1817

Salinah Cary, daughter of Fras. & Sarah Shepard was born Oct. 16th, 1819

Sarah A Catherine, Daughter of Fras. & Sarah Shepard was born Dec. 26th,
1821

Francis M Isabel, daughter of Fras. & Sarah Shepard was born February 9th,
1825

John Truman Banks, son of Joseph & Sarah Banks was born October 11th, 1829

Marriages

Thomas Shepard was mariade to  Miss Mary Brown, daughter of  F_____ Brown
September 14th, 1772

Thomas Shepard was marriad to Miss Esther Adams December 7th, 1775

Francis Shepard was marriade to Miss Mary Graves Jun on the 25th of
September, 1793.  Daughter of William & Ann Graves   Liberty
_______(unreadable)

Francis Shepard was married to Miss Mary Warran Daughter of Joseph &
Pennalope Warren May 9th, 1805

Thomas Shepard was married to Miss Sarah Briscow, daughter of Truman &
Catherine Briscow  Dec.28, 1806

Note from Hugh: virtually every other record including the birth records above
has Sarah Briscoe as the wife of Francis Shepard and mother of Philip Madison
Shepard (see above).

Note:
Phillip Maddison Shepard, listed in births above has a historic marker in
Dadeville Alabama on corner of Broadnax and Lafayette Streets beside the Methodist
Church:

GRAFENBERG MEDICAL INSTITUTE
                   1852-1861

Alabama's first Medical School. Trained
physicians who rendered great service
to the State and Confederacy.  Closed
by War and Death of its founder,
Philip M. Shepard, MD

Sarah Rebecca Briscoe wife of Francis Shepard is the child of
   Truman Briscoe and Catherine Dunn

Truman Briscoe is the child of John Briscoe and Ann (Mary) Wood

John Brisoce is the child of Philip Briscoe and Elizabeth Cole.

Maria Louisa Fielder wife of Philip Madison Shepard is the child
   ³Muckfaw² John Fielder (b. Nov. 1, 1787, Virginia) and Sarah Casey (b. May 25,1790 , Oglethorpe County GA)
       settled 12 miles above Wetumpka Alabama. d. aft. 1860 in Limestone Co. TX.
Maria Louisa Fielder was born May 5, 1817 in Indian Territory, NC and died in Dadeville.
   She married Philip Madison Shepard, February 1836 in Social Circle GA.