children of pride

Melissa and Glenn
I highly recommend purchasing a used copy of Children of Pride,.  not the new paper back versions that are available.
The pb are an abridged version. The hardback contains the whos who in the back that is a worth the money. I have just checked abebooks.com  and they have various copies reasonably priced.  I saw a 1st edition in Savannah go for       $400    almost 15 years ago. So a $30-60  used edition is a good deal.  The letters are wonderful please read them too. The whos who is filled with for the most part very well researched biographies of persons mentioned in the letters.   Hope this helps.   Lois Fleming Hand