Quarterman Dates

   [1]Tomorrow:
   November 1

   866: Norse sack York,

   1696:  Members  dismissed from Dorchester Mass. to S.C., ``The records
   of  the Dorchester, Mass., chruch, show, that in addition to the eight
   covenanting  members  already  mentioned,  eight others were dismissed
   from said church to the Carolina church on Nov. 1, 1696....'' -- Stacy
   in his History. Source: Stacy-H

   1754:  Midway  hears of Gov. Reynolds, ``On the 4th November, 1754, we
   first  heard of the arrival of his excellency, John Reynolds, Esquire,
   our first Governor.'' Source: Stacy-R

   1787:  Rev. Holmes returns, ``Mr. Holmes remained tutor [which post he
   had  exchanged  with  Rev.  Dr.  Jedidiah  Morse]  for a year and then
   returned to his charge in November, 1787, where he remained four years
   more, (six in all)...'' -- Stacy in his History. Source: Stacy-H