RE: Iowa Quarterman (was Re: Revolutionary soldiers from Midway)

Dear Connie and the Q List,

Iowa was my Grandfather's mother, so he should know. He (Thomas Palmer
Q.) very distinctly told us they pronounced her name "I-OH-wah."
However, he also explained that she was born out West, soon after Iowa
became a state, and thus the name. Maybe this was part of the draw
westward that eventually led them to move to Denver. "Pop" (my Granddad)
was himself born in Denver, but they couldn't hack it out there and
moved back to Georgia when he was about six. But his "uncle Palmer" Q.
stayed on there and prospered. We were also always told that Iowa was
the last person buried in Midway Cemetery, though I see now there's
another contender on the Q list. Are there any other volunteers?

Sincerely,
Clay Quarterman
Odessa, Ukraine