Re: Midway Church covenants

>In looking at Stacy's History, I gather that as individuals joined either
>the Church or the Society that they signed the respective document over a
>the entire history of the congregation. Now for my question. Is there anyway
>to estimate the year of the signature by known dates of the signatures
>around them?

It should be possible.  We know from other sources a few of those dates,
and we can estimate others by the usual age at which people joined Midway.

> I am particularly interested in the approximate date that
>Thomas Shepard signed the church constitution (reprint p81 col 2 row 10 five
>names below Joseph Way,jr.and the Society (p.46 col 1 row 33 again five
>names below Joseph Way, jr.)

If no one else gets to it first, I'll look into it in a few days.

>Also, does anyone know anything about William Shepard ? (p. 45 col 3 three
>names above John Stacy)

The only William Shepard we've got in the database with no middle name
is the one we were discussing a few weeks ago.

John S. Quarterman <jsq@quarterman.org>