Comments, corrections & additions!

Here goes!

Yes, I know it's an intertwined mess of relatives!  Once I put every family name from the Stacy records on a slip of paper, and tried to make all the connections with pieces of thread!  I finally gave up - it was a task to daunt a spider!  What I was referring to was using Children of Pride, which has many errors, as a source.  I remember Mom writing the author about inaccuracies she found, to no avail.  Last Fri. I copied the bio of Joseph Edgar Way from C of P, & was reading it to Mike on the way home.  He caught the incorrect date of death for his grandmother, Anna Elizabeth Quarterman, & which led me to check things.

Anna Elizabeth Quarterman, dau. of Alexander Sanford Quarterman & Ann Caroline Quarterman, was born 3 Mar 1868 in Walthourville, GA,  and died 23 Nov 1954 in Brunswick, GA.  She is buried in the A. M. Way plot at Palmetto Cemetery, Brunswick, GA.   Joseph Edgar Way & Anna Elizabeth Quarterman were married in Walthourville.  Their children were:
1) Harriett Elizabeth "Bessie" Way, b. 12 Nov 1894, Savannah, GA; d. 26 Oct 1900, Savannah.  Burial place unknown to us.
2) Lucile Ellen Way, b. 4 May 1896, Savannah, GA; d. 14 Apr. 1999 Conyers, GA.  Buried Palmetto Cemetery, Brunswick,
   GA.  Married 13 June 1927 in Brunswick, GA, Albrecht Hermann Reu, b. 15 Jul 1898, d. 9 Dec. 1977, Brunswick, GA.
   Buried Palmetto Cemetery, Brunswick.
3) Ann Caroline Way, b. 24 Feb 1899, Savannah, GA; d. 13 Oct 1969.  Buried A.M. Way plot, Palmetto Cem., Brunswick, GA.
4) Norman Alexander Way, b. 24 Feb 1899, Savannah, GA; d. 1 Feb 1975. Buried Christ Church Cem., St. Simons Is., GA.
    m. 1) Jul. 1927, Sarah Boyd Sims.  Adopted son, James Way.  Divorced after abt 25 years.
    m. 2) Ouida Burkhalter Slade.  He adopted her youngest son, Michael Slade.

Also Anna Eliz. Quarterman left this list of the children of Col. Joseph Quarterman & Harriett Stevens, her grandparents:
1) Augustus Stevens Quarterman
2) Theodore Quarterman
3) Ann Caroline Quarterman
4) Corinne H. Quarterman
5) Elizabeth Quarterman
6) William James Quarterman
7) Joseph Henry Quarterman
8) Charles Munro Quarterman
9) Josephine LeConte Quarterman

By the way, Harriett Elizabeth Stevens' mother was Amarintha Munro.  I'm sure the spelling of the last name was corrupted somewhere along the way, but she was the daughter of Simon Munro, an immigrant from Scotland.  (A Torie, at that!)

William Norman Way & his 2nd wife, Sarah Sumner Bacon, had another child, Susan Ann.  Mom said they referred to her as "Aunt Sue".  I found an 1861 tax record where her brother, Joseph Edgar Way, filed her taxes for her.

Hope this helps someone on down the line!

Nancy Reu