Re: Osgood, Ipswich, Andover, S.C.

  He had eight daughters, whose advent among the southern cavaliers must have been a windfall in the days when wives bought in England or the colonies, paid their passage by winning a dowry of fifty acres of the common land.

Goodness!!  I've never heard of any of our common ancestors "buying wives" from England!  They seemed to have plenty of daughters on their own.

Not to mention the "southern cavaliers" nonsense.

Sounds like the Andover public library could use a copy of the book.