Re: Elizabeth Baker

>great grandmother.
>I am the great grandaughter of Joseph Paschal Baker.
>The earliest we knew for sure was William Baker, the elder of the
>Congregationalist Church, his son, William Baker and his son Joseph Stevens
>Baker (whose half brother was the famous evangelist National, Daniel Baker)
>Presbyterian who founded the Austin College and at one time called the Daniel
>Baker College., Joseph Stevens Baker, physician and minister of divinity and
>his son Joseph Mcrobert Baker who died of wounds in the civil War.  He was a
>lawyer in Florida.
>Myrtle Joyce Wright Longcoy

Here's a chart with all the people mentioned:
 http://www.quarterman.org/chart/baker/

Except the earliest William Baker you mention.
There's a Deacon William Baker b. apparently ion South Carolina,
d. 1767 St. John's Parish, Ga. who had a different son William
with his wife Sarah Osgood. He had a second wife Rebecca Lupton.
Is this the William Baker you mean?

Or a different one?

John S. Quarterman <jsq@quarterman.org>