Re: Quarterman relationship

Connie,

>In looking over the chart you did of our lines, two things impress me:
>
>1/  I like the simplicity of your chart program.  Some of the other pedigree
> programs out there tend to be a bit harder to read.

Glad you like it.

>  I'd like to know when you
>expand the reports available along with the charts.

What reports would you like?

Meanwhile, all the sources and many other charts are in our book,
Quarterman Family of Liberty County, Georgia, and Relatives
 http://www.quarterman.org/book.html

>2/  You seem to have more Quarterman history than I've ever seen in any one
> place.

I'm using the database we used for the book.  The keeper of the database
is my brother, David Leon Quarterman.  He's on this list and usually answers
genealogical questions.  I've been following up on these particular questions
partly because they're good examples to exercise the chart program, which I
wrote.

The information in the database comes from generations of research.
My grandmother started the book project; my aunt Jane carried it on;
my aunt Elsie and my brothers Patrick and David continue it.  It draws
on still more generations of work before that, such as in Rev. Stacy's book,
 http://www.quarterman.org/books/stacy.html

and Myer's book, which you've seen mentioned here lately,
 http://www.quarterman.org/books/myers.html

as well as numerous first person accounts, wills, deeds, marriage records,
etc.

There's always more to learn, and we're all ears.

>My knowledge of my aunts is a bit sketchy--I'll talk to my mother about fillin
>g in more info, but--as all are living, no vital records are available for sou
>rcing.

Even though it takes three independent sources to meet DAR standards,
it's good to start somewhere, and information from living relatives
counts as a source.

>Fleta Mae Day m. Chris Stanford
>Sarah Josephine (Sallie) Day m. Sam Simone
>Mary Day m. James Hatfield
>Dodie(?) Day m. ?
>Ima Ethel Day m. Clark Arthur Card

Thanks.  Looking forward to more.
If you don't want detailed dates for living people visible
on a public list, you may want to send those to me and David:
 dlq@quarterman.org,jsq@quarterman.org

>It also looks like you could use more information on Mary Ethel Quarterman's h
>usband: Baron Montez Day, b. January 25, 1998 in Mobile, Alabama.  Married Eth
>el December 25, 1919 in Savannah, Georgia.  Died August 1982 in Hinesville, GA
>.  My source for my grandfather is Family Search USSSDI.

Yes, thanks.

>  I'll see how much mo
>re I can find out from talking to Mom--but as her memory is sketchy, I'm afrai
>d to use her oral tradition as source material.  About the best I can probably
> do is filling in more info on Dodie and husband's names.

That's something.

John S. Quarterman <jsq@quarterman.org>