Re: William Bartram

I may send this in several e-mails.  I do not know how to send something with
download.
James Stacy's book on History and records of Midway Church
"William Baker, Sr., First Deacon, married (1st) Sarah Osgood? died 3-15-l767
Children: 1.William
William Baker, Jr., 2nd deacon married  3rd Ann Stevens (daughter of Joseph
and Ann Stevens) married 9-17, 1795.
son Rev Joseph Stevens, born 9-20, 1797"
Joseph had an outstanding career:  First he went to Yale, then William &
Mary, became a physician, was interested in his family religion, then he
married a McRobert (daughter of Archibald McRobert) and while doing a thesis
"Was John the Baptist, baptised" He became interested in the new growing
religion and maybe because of Archibald became a Baptist Minister.
He started the first newspaper in Atlanta, the Illuminary Index, was a writer
for the Christian Index.  It was said that he suffered a hearing loss and was
a greater writer than Orator.  I understand that he had a number of book,
none of which I have been able to find.
Joseph and his wife had  two children Joseph McRobert Baker and William
Bernardo Baker( Merchantile owner died at age 25.)
Joseph McRobert Baker married Amy Elizabeth Paschal b. 1-1-l830, died
4-3-l909 was the daughter of Mary Pace and  John Paschal of Georgia.  (their
home was in Gone with the Wind) Amy and Joseph married 1-7-1847 In Morgan
County, Ga.  Amy Elicabeth Baker was buried in the Bethony Church Yard,
Morgan County, Ga.
Joseph McRobert Baker was from Florida.  He was a Senator from Florida  of
the 19th district prior to 1857, He was nominated a Judge from Sumter County,
Florida
He too had a lot of published works.  He was a Captain in Captain Picketts
Calvary.  He joined another regiment and died of wounds he received.
Children of Joseph Paschal Baker and Amie Elizabeth:
1. Joseph Paschal Baker (b 12-25-l852 in Morgan County, Ga died 9-13-l941 and
buried in Possum Valley, Drew County, Ark.
2. Mary Agnes, (Mrs. D.A. McIntosh, married lawyer from Putman Co.Ga.
3. Annie Emma. (Mrs. T. J. Streety, married hardware Merchant. ) died in Lake
Village, Florida
4. Lillie V. (Mrs. Breedlove, died in Atlanta, Ga)
5.  Richard McRobert b 7-31, l862 in Decatur, Ga.  He married (1) Virginia
Hill, called Jennie she was born 2-28-l872 died 6-2-l902.  Buried in bethany
Church yard, Morgan Co. Ga.
Myrtle J. Longcoy