Re: the list book@quarterman.org

Mine was the Joseph Stevens Baker whose mother was Ann Stevens, his father
was William and His father was William.
As soon as I get some time, I will be happy to send my family to you.  I too
would like to know the Baker connection.
My great grandfather Joseph Paschal Baker who lived in Drew County, Ark used
to tell us about his father that lived in the cross land of the country.  I
was just about 10 and for about 5 more years I heard of the family.
When I was 25 and starting searching for the family history, his own children
couldn't answer my questions.
Joseph Stevens Baker had a half brother, Daniel Baker, who was a famous
evangelist here in Texas.   I got some of my first information from a little
book that William Munsford Baker wrote about the life and labors of Daniel
Baker.  I went to work in 1973 and my family history went on hold as I also
had 5 children.  Now I am retired and will get things straightened for the
future. Daniel was a Presbyterian Minister, Joseph, after having become a
physician, got interested in the Baptist religion, have married a daughter of
Archibald McRobert (one of first Baptist ministers).  Strange thing, Daniel
married a McRobert woman also.
Joyce Longcoy
[ This is the Quarterman book discussion list, book@mids.org