Re: Who am I.

>Do you have a list of the blacks that came from tha Quarterman names.

So far as I know, there is no definitive list.

Many are mentioned in basic books about Midway, such as
 Stacy's History and Records of Midway Church
 http://www.quarterman.org/books/stacy.html

 Myers, The Children of Pride
 http://www.quarterman.org/books/myers.html

However, those sources are limited by what was recorded by contemporaries,
which was sketchy about blacks.

Many modern African-American Quartermans trace their ancestry to Midway.
There is (or at least used to be; I haven't heard about it in a few years)
an annual reunion in Savannah.

I think some of them are on the book list,
 http://www.quarterman.org/booklist.html

I'd suggest joining that list and asking there.

Also, if you can say a bit about your ancestors, I may be able to
put you in touch with one or more likely relatives.

John S. Quarterman <jsq@quarterman.org>
[ This is the Quarterman family discussion list, quarterman@quarterman.org
[ To get off or on the list, see http://www.quarterman.org/list.html