Re: "Quarterman Seal/Coat of Arms Memorial Marker"

org

Hi John and All:

I had a thought today as I visited the offices of the cemetery here in Ft.
Lauderdale where my father is buried.  At their request I needed to take
care of some paperwork... Actually, I think they wanted to sell me
something.  Anyway, while there, they were showing me different items I
could purchase, like having a picture done via ceramics with bronze frame
for attachment to the headstone, a bench for the family section, etc.

At any rate I got to thinking that although my father was a Quarterman, his
name did not include "Quarterman" and his mother, Leila Helen (Quarterman)
Leonard is not buried here or in Midway, but in Orlando, Fl.  So, the
thought occurred that the name is really not readily available and quite
lost to many of the women in our family, not unlike myself, my children and
our future generations.

So, I was thinking that maybe we could come up with a bronzed, easily
identifiable (copyrighted?) Quarterman seal, including the coat of arms that
would be suitable to be place on qualifying headstones/monuments of
Quarterman descendants around the world.  I suppose having the qualifying
number for each Quarterman on the seal would be out of the questions and too
expensive.  But, anyone interested could have it inscribed under the seal.
But, the seal could include a small inscription of the web address at the
bottom.  These seals could be distributed (purchased) through the Website.
This seal could guide cemetery searching historical/genealogical buffs to
the website.  Maybe placement and certification could done by the cemeteries
with a mail back certificate. Sales could help to support the site.

Then, for centuries to come (hopefully) there would be a easily recognisable
tribute for our family tree and our heritage...What do you think?  Has this
been discussed?  Any comments?  Or, do I have too  much time on my hands???

Mickie