RE: The Quatremains of Oxfordshire

Title: RE: The Quatremains of Oxfordshire

John

>Have you any idea where Robert Quarterman may have been born ?

Not really.  The best clue we have is that since he joined a group
of Puritans who themselves were mostly drawn from southern Oxon and
Dorset, he probably also came from that area.  Well, plus given the
planter nature of that community and of all his descendants, he
was probably not a city slicker, so I'd be surprised if he was
from Oxford itself.

The majority of Quartermans actually lived in small villages and hamlets surrounding Thame and Oxford ( and still do!)and the majority worked (apart from the Rycote Chapel arm of the family)as labourers on farms, or were craftsmen or hands ( butlers, cooks, gardeners etc) in large houses in the countryside. There are a few who ran guest houses or post offices, school teachers etc.

Victoria

Internet email is not a secure communication medium, and we advise that you observe this lack of security when emailing us.  Notwithstanding, this email is for the use of the intended recipient(s) only.  Any opinion or advice it contains is subject to our terms and conditions of business.  If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and then delete the message.  If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, or distribute this email without the author's prior permission. We have taken precautions to minimise the risk of transmitting software viruses, but we advise that you carry out your own virus checks on an attachment to this message.  We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused by software viruses.