From: Clay Quarterman [mailto:clay@paco.net]
Sent: 29 March 2000 08:27
To: quarterman@mids.org
Subject: DNA & Bibles

Dear Quarterman Researchers,

A thought ocurred to me about our search for ancestors of the Robert
Quarterman who appears in South Carolina around 1698. Why not use some sort
of DNA testing to check for interrelation between our various branches of
the Quarterman family? I think I saw an ad in Atlanta for some such. In lack
of further historical records, this could at least establish if we're on the
right track or not in some of our search. Does anybody know about such
science being used in genealogical research (apart from the Romanovs & the
British Royal Family)?

Also, for your information, my brother and I own two Quarterman Family
Bibles, dating from roughly 1780 and 1850, both of which have notes on
family marriages, baptisms, deaths, births, etc. in our branch of the
Quarterman family. If there's interest, we could make copies or a transcript
available. This information does not differ from the information available
in the Stacy history, and could possibly have been a source for that, as
these books were in Savannah until maybe around 1975. They are now in
Jackson, MS, and if there's interest, I'll provide more detailed info when I
can, as this is off the top of my head.

Sincerely,
Dr. Clay Quarterman
Odessa, Ukraine
clay@paco.net

============================Disclaimer===============================
Internet email is not a secure communication medium, and we advise that you
observe this lack of security when emailing us.  Notwithstanding, this email
is for the use of the intended recipient(s) only.  Any opinion or advice it
contains is subject to our terms and conditions of business.  If you have
received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and then delete
the message.  If you are not the intended recipient you must not use,
disclose, or distribute this email without the author's prior permission. We
have taken precautions to minimise the risk of transmitting software
viruses, but we advise that you carry out your own virus checks on an
attachment to this message.  We cannot accept liability for any loss or
damage caused by software viruses.