Re: John Wellborn Martin

Dear Mickie,

I can't answer your question regarding Jeffery Gerrish; however, I have a
Gerrish genealogy which was done in 1937. It dates from 1639 to 1937 -
Gerrish's in America. I will be glad to make you a copy and mail to you if
your furnish your address. It appears each generation of Gerrish's had many
children. So there is a possibility.

I just read the following on the 23rd page of the genealogy. Maybe we
Gerrish's need to go claim Beaumont, Texas:

In the first of the last century there was a James Gerrish, who obtained from
the Mexican Government a grant in Texas where the town of Beaumont now is,
and the
lawyers have been trying to locate his representatives so as to get a title.

This is the place where the great Texas Oil fields are located.

My grandmother Mary Ada Gerrish Quarterman was the 10th generation in America
and married Joseph F. Quarterman.

I look forward in hearing from you.

Beverly Jones Saunders (daughter Dorothy Quarterman Jones)