Re: Children of Pride - Any Way to Order a Copy of the Book ?

>Hello Melissa:
>
>I am subscriber to the Quarterman Book List and I am interested in your
>entry. I live in New York City and have not been able to locate a copy to
>buy...even have gone to the Strand Bookstore which specializes in out of
>prints....!!

You can find Children of Pride via abebooks.com, bookfinder.com,
bibliofind.com, etc., at prices ranging from $195 for a 1972 first
edition down to less than $20 for a 1985 abridged edition.

It also turns out there were about half a dozen mass market volumes
that appear to cover relatively brief chronological periods.

>Do you have any subscription information ?
>
>Thank you for any info.
>
>Glenn Faulk

Now for something really obscure, try finding a copy of Carter's
Quartermains of Oxfordshire to buy.  I've had search requests in
for that one for 30 years with no success.

(I do know where to find it in certain libraries in Oxford and South
Carolina, but that's a different matter.)

Closer to home, try finding The Dead Towns of Georgia,
by Charles Colcock Jones*.  Or his History of the Christian
Religion.  The Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary has
copies; I'm not sure where else they can be found.
This is the Rev. C.C. Jones of Children of Pride;
the latter book is the one he was writing when he died.
And there is a book by Myers about C.C. Jones called
A Georgian at Princeton, which can be found.

* The C.C. Jones dead towns book is not to be confused with
Paul McIlvaine's The Dead Towns of Sunbury, Georgia and Dorchester, S.C.
from which I've quoted in this list before.

John S. Quarterman <jsq@quarterman.org>