Re: Rebecca Quarterman m. John Norman

Melissa,

Given that you just subscribed to the book list,
I'm assuming you meant to respond to the book list,
and I'm copying this response there, where other
Liberty County Quarterman descendants are members.

>I descend from of course Rebecca and John on through their son Richard
>through Artaxerxes

We have Artaxerxes Barack Norman as son of Richard Norman and Clementine Boyett.
However, we have that Richard as son of John Norman and Sarah Stone.

We do not have a Richard Norman as son of John Norman and Rebecca Quarterman.

Looks like an interesting question to resolve as to who were Richard Norman's
parents.

> through David B.

We have David Barak Norman son of Artaxerxes Barack Norman
and Susannah Hiers.

> through Moses Xerxes

We have him as Moses Artexerxes Norman.

> through Harmon

We have Harmon.

>onto Herman

We don't have Herman.  Can you send dates?

> and then my father.

We don't have him, either.

>  I havae been working on my Norman line
>for a couple of years here and there, as well as my husband's line.  Any
>help that anyone can give or info they will share is so greatly
>appreciated.  And of course any help or info that I have, I am very
>willing to share as well.  I only have a date of death for Rebecca as
>21APR1797.

We have nine Rebecca Quartermans, but none with that death date.

The one who married a John Norman died in 1825.

>  I have her mother listed as Rebecca Bacon but nothing on her father.

Her parents were Thomas Quarterman and Rebecca Bacon.
He was son of John Quarterman Sr., and grandson of Robert Quarterman;
this is all in the book,

 Quarterman Family of Liberty County, Georgia and Relatives
 http://www.quarterman.org/book.html

>Thanks for your reply!

You're welcome.

John S. Quarterman <jsq@quarterman.org>