Re: Ancestral Stomping Grounds

>Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you about Rycote photos &
>brasses in Chalgrove & Thame.  Home is a busy place to be, & I'm just
>now getting back to genealogy

Welcome back.

>I took 2 views of Rycote Chapel - both from the front.  Also took
>pictures, as best I could, of the tombs & brasses in Thame.  We didn't
>see any brasses in Chalgrove, & our daughter-in-law says she thought she
>looked under every piece of carpet that could be lifted up!  The vicar
>wasn't there, or perhaps we would have been told about them.  I'll be
>glad to send you copies of these photos by snail mail, but I don't have
>a scanner or the software to post the pictures myself.  No, the Thame
>brasses do not resemble the pictures your link showed of brasses in
>Chalgrove.

Yes, please.

>Also, as I begin to get into your book I see errors, evidently copied
>from other sources that were in error.

To quote from the section on John Quarterman Sr.:

 ``Liberty County, Georgia, families married and intermarried so many
   times and names were repeated so often in one generation after another
   that it is almost impossible to untangle the names, dates and generations
   with accuracy.  An effort has been made to report as correctly as possible
   the various family connections, but with full knowledge that there are
   many errors.''

>  ( I just saw the unabridged Children of Pride in Brunswick last weekend.)

We have copies of it.  It's a fascinating book, although also probably not
completely accurate.

>  Is this where you want corrections & additions?

Yes, please.

John S. Quarterman <jsq@quarterman.org>