Re: Bacon Website

>In a message dated 5/5/2002 4:18:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>jsq@quarterman.org writes:
>
>> www.flinthills.com/~bacon/Bacon/Preface

Actually, I didn't write that.  Also, that URL is truncated from what Connie
originally sent.  See below.

>Each time I try a variation of this website I get a message that it cannot be
>found.
>
>Dane Bowen in Alexandria, Va., researching Bowen, Bacon, Carlton (Carleton),
>Luker, Sanders (Saunders), Chaudoin (Chaudoins), Maverick, Richey (Ritchie,
>Richie, Ritchey), Spence, Sumner, Way, and Wells families.

This is Jerry Bacon's home page:
 http://www.flinthills.com/~bacon/

Picking genealogy from his navbar on the left gets:
 http://www.flinthills.com/~bacon/Bacon/Preface.html

Note the .html on the end of the URL.

Alternatively, start at
 http://www.quarterman.org/

Pick books out of the navbar on the left, which will lead you to
 http://www.quarterman.org/books/index.html

Then pick Baldwin's Bacon book out of that navbar, which will lead you to
 http://www.quarterman.org/books/baldwin.html

which has a link to
 http://www.flinthills.com/~bacon/Bacon/Preface.html

That preface has links to the rest of what's online for that book.

It also notes that paper copies of the book are available from
Higginson's Book Company.

John S. Quarterman <jsq@quarterman.org>