Re: Quarterman relationship

Connie,

>My maternal grandmother was Mary Ethel Quarterman, daughter of Louis Walker Qu
>arterman and Sarah Ann Waters.  We descend from the Quarterman line which incl
>udes three "Thomases"--the firstThomas, the son of John Quarterman Sr.,  marri
>ed Rebecca Bacon, the second married Renchie Quarterman, and the third married
> Elizabeth Yonge Peacock.  My grandmother lived all her life in Liberty County
>.

We have Mary Ethel /Quarterman/, like this:

 John QUARTERMAN Sr., father of
 Thomas QUARTERMAN Sr., father of
 Thomas QUARTERMAN, father of
 Thomas QUARTERMAN, father of
 Thomas William QUARTERMAN, father of
 Lewis Walker QUARTERMAN, father of
 Mary Ethel QUARTERMAN mother of

I'm guessing this line continues:
 Fleta Mae DAY mother of
 Connie SADLER.

Here's my line from John Quarterman, Sr.:

 John QUARTERMAN Sr., father of
 Thomas QUARTERMAN Sr., father of
 Robert QUARTERMAN, father of
 Edward William QUARTERMAN, father of
 Thomas Shepard QUARTERMAN, father of
 David Sinclair QUARTERMAN, father of
 David Sinclair QUARTERMAN Jr., father of
 John Sinclair QUARTERMAN.

Thus we would appear to be sixth cousins once removed.

For charts of these lines, see:
 http://www.quarterman.org/chart/ethel/index.html

As the charts show, Thomas Quarterman Sr. married three times;
you're descended from his first wife Rebecca Bacon; we're descended
from his third wife, Rebecca Baker.

John S. Quarterman <jsq@quarterman.org>