Quarterman Dates

   [1]Tomorrow:
   December 19

   1695: Friendship sights Carolina, `` `Thursday morning, being the 19th
   day of the month, we came in sight of the land of Carolina, but were,
   by a disappointment, hindered from getting in that day; but the next
   day we got in, through divine goodness, being the 20th day of
   December.' '' -- church records, quoted by Stacy in his History.
   Source: Stacy-H

   1732: Poor Richard's Almanack, Benjamin Frankin begins publication.

   1776: American Crisis, Thomas Paine publishes his 1st `American
   Crisis' essay

   1842: Hawaii ind., US recognized independence of Hawaii

   1946: Indochina War, War broke out in Indochina as Ho Chi Minh
   attacked French.