Children of Pride

Thanks for pointing the way to purchasing used copies of the book _Children of Pride_ on the internet.  I picked up a nice, slightly used copy at abebooks.com.  I'm very pleased.

As I've been reading, I can sense a strong puritan flavor to the beliefs and practices, but they seem much more gracious about religious things than our more distant New England cousins.  Perhaps because they learned from the unfortunate circumstances at Salem.  Perhaps because there was a "West Country" pleasantness about them.  Or perhaps it's due to the influence of their Scottish neighbors.

At any rate, if you want to flesh out the story of our Midway forbears, the book is worth picking up.

-Connie

P.S.  A "shameless" plug for John & David's (& others') book--having the Quarterman Family of Liberty County (etc.) book helps to sort out who's who when you're reading the Myers book.