Re: History of Dorchester MA

>I tried the link and it starts in the middle of the document.

I've put a link to the title page under New in
 http://www.quarterman.org/

>  It's for a document entitled "Dorchester in 1630, 1776, and 1855."
>  It's an Oration given by Edward Everett at Dorchester's 4th of July
> celebration in 1855.  Gives an interesting perspective on history,
> and talks about the Connecticut and Dorchester SC migrations.
>  At the upper right hand corner of the page you'll see a "Go To Page"
> drop-down, and you can use it to get to the title page and back to the
> beginning of the document.  In the speech he also greets a delegation
> from the Midway church.

A very interesting link.

I think I'd seen references to it before in Orcutt's book, but not the
actual oration.

Does it say who was in the Midway delegation?

MoA also has:
 The history of the town of Dorchester, Massachusetts,
 By a committee of the Dorchester antiquarian and historical society

and some other interesting items.
I've also added a link to that under New.

John S. Quarterman <jsq@quarterman.org>