Re: Quarterman Dates

>         For December 26 and the expulsion of the tea ships from
>Philadelphia, do you have any detailed information about exactly what
>happened?  I would be very interested in knowing.

Unfortunately, not.

I think there was something about that in a biography of Franklin I
read recently.

Here's some context:
 http://www.ibiscom.com/teaparty.htm

It seems when the East India company sent shipments of tea to America
after Parliament passed the tea tax, the shipments went to (at least)
Charleston, Philadelphia, and New York.  Charleston put the tea in
warehouses and let it rot.  Philadelphia and New York didn't let it land.
Only Boston let the tea ships dock as a normal shipment, leading to
objections by the locals such as Sam Adams to letting the tea be unloaded,
and the Boston Tea Party.

Here's another source that gives the 26 Dec 1773 date for Philadelphia
expelling the tea ships:
 http://www.decades.com/Timeline/n/256_2682.htm

John S. Quarterman <jsq@quarterman.org>