Quarterman Dates

   [1]Tomorrow:
   December 19

   1695: Friendship sights Carolina, `` `Thursday morning, being the 19th
   day  of the month, we came in sight of the land of Carolina, but were,
   by  a  disappointment, hindered from getting in that day; but the next
   day  we  got  in,  through  divine  goodness,  being  the  20th day of
   December.'  ''  --  church  records,  quoted  by Stacy in his History.
   Source: Stacy-H

   1732: Poor Richard's Almanack, Benjamin Frankin begins publication.

   1776:  American  Crisis,  Thomas  Paine  publishes  his  1st `American
   Crisis' essay

   1842: Hawaii ind., US recognized independence of Hawaii

   1946:  Indochina  War,  War  broke  out  in  Indochina  as Ho Chi Minh
   attacked French.