Re: Renchie Norman

>For those Quartermans of the "Three Thomas" line (Thomas I, Thomas II, Thomas
>III), Renchie presents an enigma.  If I were a novelist, I would jump on her
>story.  She stikes me as something of a rebel.

Maybe, but if so her first husband was a planter,
her second a Colonel, and her third the pastor of Midway,
which in a Congregational community meant the man in charge.

I've put your text in a web page about her:
 http://www.quarterman.org/who/renchie.html

Also in there is her epitaph, which indicates that somebody
thought very highly of her.

>Incidentally, my genealogy projects for 2003 include tracing out the Normans.
> I've seen a great deal of chatter among descendants of Dochester S.C. Normans
> on the Norman genealogy message boards.  They all seem to trace back to a Cap
>tain Richard Norman born in--get this--Dorchester, England.  The family settle
>d around Marblehead in Massachusetts.  Some may have spent time in Connecticut
> before migrating to South Carolina.  There were quite a lot of them in the Go
>ose Creek area, perhaps even before others arrived.  It's all sketchy at this
>point.  Beyond the Three Thomas line, findng out more about William Norman, wh
>o went to Mass. to look for a pastor in 1684, may tell us all a little more ab
>out what went on behind the scenes to precipitate the migration.

You might find some Quartermans among records related to Normans along the
way, which would be even more interesting.

>I'll pass information along as I find it.

Looking forward to it.

John S. Quarterman <jsq@quarterman.org>