Quarterman Dates

   [1]Tomorrow:
   November 21

   1620:  Mayflower  Compact  signed,  by  Pilgrims in Providence town MA
   harbor

   1699: Caledonia at the Clyde, The Caledonia reaches the Clyde.

   1778: from Fort to Ogeechee, ``Saturday morning, another engagement at
   North  Newport  River, but could not stop the progress of our Enemies;
   upon  which most of those in the Fort were so terrified that they fled
   from  it,  in  order  to  get  over Ogeechee with their families, none
   remaining  but  mine, upon which I moved with mine into the woods, and
   then camped.'' Source: Stacy-R

   1789: NC,

   1789: North Carolina, becomes 12th U.S. state