Quarterman Dates

   [1]Tomorrow:
   November 19

   1620: Mayflower pilgrims reach Cape Cod,

   1644: 1st protestant ministry society in New England,

   1778:  Invasion, ``Thursday, 19th. An Army of about 40 Horses met with
   John  Way,  son of Capt. Moses Way, took him Prisoner, and went to the
   house  of  Captain  Way,  where  by a Kind Providence a Party of about
   twenty  of the Battalion happened to have lodged the night before, who
   defended  themselves in said house and kept the Enemy off, who wounded
   two of said Battalion, took a number of horses and retreated; An alarm
   was  fired  and a small body of, I suppose, about 60 men collected who
   following  their  track, found at South Newport bridge, on the line of
   this  Parish, (or near it) of St. Johns, a large body of men encamped,
   which  by  the best accounts we now have, this 23rd November, consists
   of 500 men or thereabouts.'' Source: Stacy-R

   1863: Lincoln delivers Gettysburg address,

   1978: Jonestown suicides, Rev Jim Jones leads 911 people in suicide in
   Jonestown Guyana