Re: William Graves

>Thank you for this information. I did a quick search on Moses Graves

Where did you do this search?

> and Sarah Baker listed as spouse.

Where was she listed as his spouse?

> Sarah's parentage is listed as Thomas Baker and Joanna Sumner.
>Joanna's parentage is listed as Increase Sumner and Sarah
>Staples of Dorchester MA. While this shows up in a couple of trees - no
>documentation is given. To complicate things, a first marriage of Sarah
>Sumner is listed as Joseph Sumner. With an issue of Susanna Sumner. Very
>interesting but problematic.

Problematic, indeed.

Increase Sumner and Sarah Staples had numerous children, including two
named Sarah (the first one died as an infant), but no Joanna.  The
documentation for this is in the book.

John S. Quarterman <jsq@quarterman.org>