Re: Abel Holmes

My wife's ancestor, Joseph Easton, was one of the Hooker group that settled
Hartford. The Easton family history states:
"On May 31, 1636 the colonists, after due consideration, started on their
exodus
to Connecticut, where the previous year a delegation had gone to procure a
location and purchase land from the Indians. Our ancestor, as one of the
original
proprietors, owned shares in what we would call today a syndicate."

Hooker's group was quite affluent for the day and moved a considerable
amount
of livestock across the hundred miles of wilderness between Boston and
Hartford.
They moved 160 head of cattle plus swine and sheep.