Thank you for your help and insights

I want to thank you for all of the help and insights you have given me in pursuing the Shepards. I have shared our discussion with other members of the Alabama branch of the Shepard family. I am about to send a record of what we have found to Tom Bottoms. Tom has possession of the Shepard family Bible cited in my first note to this list. to the best of my knowledge, Tom has not entered the computer age. I think he will be surprised at the doors he opened when he shared his Bible's listing of the family births and marriages. I am sure that his Bible was passed down from Francis Shepard.

 I would like to endorse pursuing some of the other related lines. I was fascinated by the earlier discussion of the Way family. The more we know about each other families - the more we know about our own lines. I have learned dynamics of the American Revolution from genealogical research that I never learned as a history major.

W. Hugh Tucker