Re: Maryland Quatermus

In the Quarterman book, there's an appendix that discusses the possible Maryland connection.  The two Quartermans in Maryland, John and Thomas, are mentioned, along with some who went by the name of "Quatermus" (at least that's how their names were recorded.)  The Quatermus individuals apparently lived in Dorchester County, Maryland, an area where English Puritans were living alongside French Huguenots.  And as you cite the History of Dorchester County, Maryland, they mention that English Puritans came there because they were expelled from Virginia.

So--has anyone searched the early Virginia records?  I realize it's a rather big jump from our Robert Quarterman back to Virginia, but if he died quite old, there's a chance he might have been among the Virginia Puritans.

I have a subscription to genealogy.com's "Genealogical Records: Virginia Land, Marriage and Probate Records, 1639-1850."  They've compiled a list of about 135,000 individuals mentioned in various records from Augusta, Isle of Wight, Norfolk, and Spotsylvania Counties in Virginia.  I checked, and found nothing on Quarterman or Quatermus (or Katermint, for that matter).  That's just those counties, though.

-Connie