Re: Sumner ancestors

Yes, I knew about the Sumner/Ethel connection.  It's just surprising to find that is't the only Sumner connection I have in a family which crisscrosses repeatedly with the Sumner line.

On the topic of Sumners, I've spent some time trying to decipher a connection suggested by Dane Bowen's wife a while back on the other discussion list.  She correctly pointed out that the Bushes are descended from Edward I, and then she supposed that we are, as well.  So I went to work trying to find something.  However, the only connection I could find was Hannah Sumner, an ancestor to the Bushes, who descends from William Sumner.  However, the Bush genealogists (and I checked a number of them) seem to know nothing of Hannah's ancestry.  In fact, we seem to know a great deal more about the Sumners than they know.  The connection to royalty lies outside the Sumner line.  Ah, well, it would be nice to find royalty in the family tree, but how can we complain when we can all call Sir Winston Churchill "cousin?"