Re: TR

>Well, I got interested in my family history when I was 10.  We had a large
>reunion every year,  singing, eating, games, etc.
>Mine was spent at my great grandfather's knee, (Joseph Paschal Baker) telling
>me and others about the place his relatives came from, which was Midway, Ga.
>The most wonderful people from all walks of life and went into just about
>every field.  Teddy Roosevelt was one of those.  His mother did water colors
>and she gave her best friend one of these.  Years later after she had passed
>away, Teddy visited the area and my cousin, one of the Bakers.  gave him the
>watercolor.
>I have never been to Miday, would like to before I die, but I would differ
>with you on the watermelons.  The best sweetest watermelons come from Hope,
>Arkansas.  Monticello was the home of my birth.
>Myrtle Joyce Wright Longcoy

As you're no doubt aware, you're related by marriage to TR via a rather
convoluted path:

 Theodore ROOSEVELT, child of
 Martha "Miss Mittie" BULLOCK, child of
 James Stephens BULLOCH, child of
 Nancy Ann IRVINE, sibling of
 Charles IRVINE, father of
 John Robert IRVINE, father of
 Mary Ann Martha IRVINE, spouse of
 John Anderson MCINTOSH, sibling of
 Roderick MCINTOSH, father of
 Daniel Anderson MCINTOSH, spouse of
 Mary Agnes BAKER, sibling of
 Joseph Paschal BAKER, father of
 Effie Irene BAKER, mother of
 Clara Bell BLACKWELL, mother of
 Myrtle Joyce WRIGHT.

If you, like me, find this hard to follow, try this chart:

 http://www.quarterman.org/chart/tr/

The Irvine and McIntosh names seemed familiar, and it occured to me
that they were my ancestors as well, so I added another line to the chart.
Which shows something I didn't know: TR was my third cousin thrice removed
via the McIntosh line.

And of course if you've got TR, Eleanor was his niece, so FDR is related
by marriage, and also by blood, since FDR was TR's cousin (fifth cousin,
I think).

If I'm reading it right, this chart also says that you and I are fourth
cousins via the McIntosh line.

John S. Quarterman <jsq@quarterman.org>