Re: Quarterman connections

Nancy,

>    Good to hear about from you about our connections.  Note: Ann Caroline
>Quarterman was the 2nd wife of Alexander Sanford Quarterman, not Thos.
>Quarterman.

Correct.

>  He was ASQ's father.  I see a Thomas Wm, married to Louisa
>Walker, & son of the Thos. who was ASQ's father.  No, Corinne Way was not my
>mother-in-law!  Corinne never married or had children.  She was Mom's 1st
>cousin - her mother, Corinne Quarterman Way

It was the elder Corinne I was referring to, Corinne Quarterman Way,
daughter of Alexander Sanford Quarterman and Ann Caroline Quarterman.
The elder Corinne married Albert Morse Way, who was the younger Corinne's
father.

> was the younger sister of Mom's
>mother, Ann Elizabeth Quarterman, who married Joseph Edgar Way.  She was his
>2nd, much younger wife - my husband always gets a few raised eyebrows when
>he tells people his grandfather fought in "The War"!

That explains how both Albert Morse Way and Joseph Edgar Way are descended
from Edward Way (c1710-1762or1763), but by different numbers of generations.

>    I know Jemima was John Quarterman Sr.'s daughter by his 2nd marriage,
>but haven't done enough Way research yet to see how Joseph Edgar and Albert
>Morse were related.

Second cousin twice removed.

I'm also descended from Edward Way, so we're also related through that line.

And Edward Way was a son of William Way Jr. of the witch trial story.

>  Mom said the relationship wasn't a close one.  Mom was
>Lucile Ellen Way, who loved history, and died 3 weeks shy of her 103rd
>birthday in April, 1999!

She inherited the Quarterman long lifespan, I see.

In our database we have a Norman Alexander Way b. 1899,
who was apparently her younger brother, but not her.

>    I'm still trying to find a copy of your Quarterman book that I can peek
>at before purchasing it.  We were in Washington DC recently with just a few
>hours to spare, so we hot-footed it up to the Library of Congress, sure that
>they would have a copy.  Of course they do - but it hadn't been processed
>yet and wasn't available!  I'll try the Midway Museum again the next time
>we're down that way.

Midway Museum in Midway, Ga. Historical Soc. in Savannah, U. Ga. Library
in Athens, Valdosta Public Library, Valdosta-Lowndes County Historical
Society, etc., all have copies, as well as probably others.
I think there's one in Vidalia and one in Homerville, for example.

>    Thanks again - Nancy Reu

John