Re: Quarterman Dates

>   [1]Tomorrow:
>   December 11
>
>   1695: Friendship sails without sails, `` `We were fain to sail thus,
>   excepting sometimes the wind abated, as by fits for a short time it
>   did, at which we lay bye, as before, all the next day' '' -- Elder
>   Pratt's Diary, quoted by Stacy in his History. Source: Stacy-H

In case it's not obvious what this voyage is about,
it's our ancestors sailing from Massachusetts to South Carolina.
They had quite a trip.

>   1698: Maurepas in Darien, Arrival of the Maurepas.

This other voyage has to do with the settlement of Scots in Darien
in Panama.  That was the Darien after which Darien, Georgia, was later
named.

>   1816: Indiana becomes 19th state,

I'm not sure what Indiana has to do with any of this. :-)

John S. Quarterman <jsq@quarterman.org>