Re: Genealogy

No, I have not, a lawyer named Patrick Reilly from Galveston who grew up in
Arkansas along the White river and was for a time a member of the Rose firm
had the Morman's chase down his family.  The Mormans said that Thomas was the
father of this group of Bakers.  The researchers that did the Quarterman book
says that it cannot be so.  Everyone that I have heard from asks the same
question.  It all hinges on the records that Benjamin Baker was in charge of,
what happened to those.  There are various suggestions.  Years ago, I wrote
the historical association of the Presbyterian Church and they said the
records could have been burnt in a fire.
From a book of my great uncle who is now deceased there was a note pinned in
one of his books that said Elijah Baker was a relative.
I believe that the group of Bakers that lived at Midway are all related, but
we may never know.  My group of Bakers always spent the summer on the Baker
Island and I believe that they were either great friends or related to John
Baker.
If you should find something, I would certainly appreciate it.  This is my
favorite family.
Joyce Longcoy